The Food Bank is run in conjunction with our Budget Service and is primarily to help budgeting clients by providing food so the budgeted grocery money can be used to pay unexpected expenses. Clients have to commit to regular visits. We also provide ‘one off’ emergency food parcels.
Location: Our office is located at the Morrinsville Baptist Church 56 Moorhouse Street, Morrinsville.
Contact: Phone: 07 889 7451 (An answer phone operates outside office hours)
Mobile: 021 0827 7890
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 9am - 3pm
Friday: 9am - 2pm
~ Mere Kirihimete ~ Merry Christmas ~ Mere Kirihimete ~ Merry Christmas ~ Mere Kirihimete ~ Merry Christmas ~ Mere Kirihimete ~ Merry Christmas ~
Over the Christmas holiday period we will be CLOSED from Thursday 24th Dec.
We will be OPEN:
Wednesday 13th Jan 9am - 3pm
Friday 15th Jan from 9am - 2pm
Normal hours will resume from Monday 18th January 2021.
Mere Kirihimete ~ Merry Christmas ~ Mere Kirihimete ~ Merry Christmas ~ Mere Kirihimete ~ Merry Christmas ~ Mere Kirihimete ~ Merry Christmas ~
COVID-19 - Lockdown Information
PLEASE NOTE OUR FOOD BANK IS CLASSED AS AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE
SO WE CAN HELP YOU WITH A FOOD PARCEL IF REQUIRED.
During the COVID-19 Lockdown Levels you are still able to contact the Budgeting Service and Food Bank.
If you require either of these services please phone: (07) 889 7451 or text: 021 0827 7890
- Began in 1989.
- Food and financial donations come from local churches, members of the Community and local Service clubs/groups
- We have a collection bin at Morrinsville Countdown Supermarket.
- Farmers donate meat for our large freezer.
- We welcome monetary donations as they help us buy perishable goods and other items as they are needed.
- To provide budgeting clients with food parcels if unexpected expenses arise
- To provide a collection point for donated food and money.
- To provide emergency food parcels.