The Food Bank is run in conjunction with our Budget Service and is primarily to help budgeting clients by providing food so the budgeted grocery money can be used to pay unexpected expenses. Clients have to commit to regular visits. We also provide ‘one off’ emergency food parcels.
Location: Our office is located at the Morrinsville Baptist Church 56 Moorhouse Street, Morrinsville.
Contact: Phone: 07 889 7451 (An answer phone operates outside office hours)
Mobile: 021 0827 7890
COVID-19 - Lockdown Information
PLEASE NOTE OUR FOOD BANK IS CLASSED AS AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE
SO WE CAN HELP YOU WITH A FOOD PARCEL IF REQUIRED.
During the COVID-19 Lockdown you are still able to contact the Food Bank and Budgeting Service.
If you require either of these services please phone or text: 021 0827 7890, or phone: (07) 889 5683 Ex 4
At present our phone number (07) 889 7451 for the Food Bank and Budgeting Service is NOT working.
- Began in 1989.
- Food and financial donations come from local churches, members of the Community and local Service clubs/groups
- We have a collection bin at Morrinsville Countdown Supermarket.
- Farmers donate meat for our large freezer.
- We welcome monetary donations as they help us buy perishable goods and other items as they are needed.
- To provide budgeting clients with food parcels if unexpected expenses arise
- To provide a collection point for donated food and money.
- To provide emergency food parcels.